The questions in this section are all in written form (passages or conversations). Some questions will be based on a cartoon. Most passages/cartoons will relate to several questions.
Questions in this section of the UMAT are based on a scenario, dialogue or other text that represents different interpersonal situations and aim to assess students' ability to understand and think about people through their ability to:
- understand and;
- infer the thoughts, feelings, behaviour and/or intentions of the people represented in the situations.
The questions in this section are all in written form however some information may be presented in a visual or tabular format.
These questions are all based on pieces of text or information presented graphically, drawn from a wide variety of general sources and aim to assess students' ability to:
- draw logical conclusions
- reach solutions by identifying relevant facts
- evaluate information and data
- pinpoint additional or missing information and;
- generate and test plausible hypotheses